With the triathlon season now in full swing, Martin Pape looks back on his first triathlon in Sierakow and passes on a few thoughts he had after the race.
Please note this article contains opinions and views which are solely the author’s.
10 Triathlon Afterthoughts – By Martin Pape
1) A trisuit is a must, it leaves more time for hair drying and make-up in the transition zone
2) Peeing inside the wetsuit is not a crime
3) The transition from cycling to running is something that needs to be trained a bit more often
4) Don’t race without (experienced) friends, you’ll have thousand of questions before and even more after the race
5) Take your time to soak up the surroundings, you’re spending a day out there so use it well
6) Powerbars are overrated and eating while running doesn’t work
7) A week of proper sleep and no alcohol before the race can compensate for a lack of training
8) Cheer back to the spectators, time passes quicker and it makes them happy and appreciated
9) Have someone to drive you back
10) If you can’t smile at any given moment of the race you are doing it wrong
Thanks Martin! Are you planning your first triathlon this season? If so we’d love to hear from you – please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our facebook page!
Powered by Facebook Comments